The Conspiracy Against West Papuans
The United Nations played a leading role in the transfer of West Papuan people from one colonial power to another – a violation of international law. The New York Agreement (NYA), which was negotiated by leaders of the US, Britain, Australia, Netherlands, and Indonesia, spells out the true it’s true intention and that was to transfer West Papua from the Netherlands colonial control to Indonesia. They did little to hide the true intention of the agreement perhaps because they believed at the time that the West Papuan people were less sophisticated, or were too dumb to figure it out.
The word “transfer” has a different meaning to the word “election.” The word ‘transfer’ denotes a shift in control of West Papua from the Netherlands to Indonesia without a fair election. Election, on the other hand, implies that a transfer of power can only happen if the people voted for it. So, if transfer is used in this context, why was there an election in 1969? The answer is clear – it was a ploy to achieve the motive of all these leaders.
This sham referendum was driven by three factors:
- The United Nations laws against “slavery” or trading of people which is expressly banned by the UN.
- The commonly held view by most racist Europeans and Indonesians that West Papuans were not that smart, or they were less sophisticated to figure out the details of complex international laws and the intricacies of international politics.
- Finally, the fear of Domino Theory – the idea that if one country fell, the neighbors will follow.
Modern forms of slavery
Human trafficking can be defined as “the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation.” (UN Protocol to Prevent, Suppress, and Punish Trafficking in Persons)
Notice the word “transfer” is used in this UN statement on slavery, which means that transferring of people from one colonial master to another is banned by International law, and the UN knew it at the time. But why did the UN used the word “transfer” repeatedly while discussing the future of West Papua? There’s no other explanation other than the fact that the UN was going to use it’s power to ensure that this “transfer” was done in a way that would appears legal.
Here’s the conspiracy spelled out in the NYA:
- The Netherlands will transfer the administration of West Papua to the UN
- The UN will in turn transfer the administration of West Papua to Indonesia in accordance with Article XII.
They wanted to transfer West Papua to Indonesia and so they used the ‘Act of Free Choice’ as a cover. It was all a sham and the UN then and the UN today knows it.