Welcome to the West Papua Human Rights Center (WPHRC) website. The WPHRC was established in 2019, by a group of American-Melanesia academics and human rights activists in Washington, DC, and Virginia to support the efforts of the West Papuan Mission to the US and the United Nations and to monitor the ongoing crisis in West Papua.
West Papua Human Rights Center aims to advance human rights in the region of West Papua and establish sources of aid for West Papuan people.
We will accomplish this goal by;
- Documenting stories of women and children and assessing areas of need.
- Providing school supplies, English and cultural education for adults and children
- Establishing legal workshops to educate West Papuans about their rights
- Raising international awareness for issues in West Papua
- Advocating for religious freedom and tolerance